Subject: Re: RE:LW 4.0 UPGRADE POLICY
From: [email-masked] (Mark Thompson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 95 09:40:38 EST

MoonLighter 110 <[email-masked]> writes:
> With the cross-releases, it only makes sense to go 
> Pentium (well...AMD's K5 should be faster...and with the P6 series...) 

Nah....Alpha! My system cost about as much as 2 Pentiums and runs about
4 times as fast. And since I bought mine from NekoTech, I am able to
reliably clock it up to 300MHz (it screams :-) But a Pentium certainly
makes a good low cost alternative.

As for an upgrade path for Toaster owners, I really believe there should
be one. I know I am not alone in having bought Toasters only for LightWave.
Something like: give NewTek your Toaster and $150 and you get LW4 on the
platform of your choice. This certainly seems reasonable.
     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *           Mark Thompson               (603) 424-1829       *
     *         Fusion Films Inc.           [email-masked]     *
     *     Radiant Image Productions                              *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~